Beyondie Sulphate of Potash project granted Major Project Status
Published by Nicholas Woodroof,
Major Project Status is the Australian Government's formal recognition of the national strategic significance of a project, through its contribution to economic growth, employment, or contribution to regional Australia. In addition, Major Project Status provides coordination and facilitation support, as well as a single entry point to a coordinated approvals process.
The Major Projects Facilitation Agency assessed the BSOPP against the required eligibility criteria and made the recommendation to the Minister for Industry, Science and Technology, the Hon. Karen Andrews MP.
Kalium Lakes’ Managing Director, Brett Hazelden, commented: “Receiving Major Project Status from the Australian Federal Government emphasises the importance of our Project to the Australian Agricultural Industry.
“Currently there is no production of Sulphate of Potash in Australia, with all of this nations’ requirements being met by product imported from the northern hemisphere. The development of the Beyondie Sulphate of Potash Project will greatly enhance the ongoing security of potash supply for Australian farmers,” he said.
The eligibility criteria for Major Project Status includes:
- The project is of strategic significance to Australia, specifically: - the projects estimated investment exceeds AUS$50 million; and
- The project requires Australian Government approvals administered under Australian Government legislation; or the project has significant Australian Government involvement, including through government programmes.
- Has sufficient financial resources and support to complete the Australian Government approvals process and have reasonable commercial viability.
- makes a significant contribution to economic growth, exports, employment and/or infrastructure development; or
- the project will have significant net economic benefit for regional Australia, taking account of a region’s investment needs.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldfertilizer.com/project-news/06092019/beyondie-sulphate-of-potash-project-granted-major-project-status/
You might also like
Petrobras in discussion with Unigel Participações S.A. on development of fertilizers and green hydrogen
The company has initiated discussions with Unigel Participações S.A. to analyse joint business involving opportunity development in the areas of fertilizers, green hydrogen and low-carbon projects, in line with the revision of the strategic elements for Petrobras' Strategic Plan 2024 – 2028.