Today, Haldor Topsoe and Honeywell announced a technology alliance to expand the benefits of connected services to a broader range of the chemical and refining industries.
As a product of this alliance, Topsoe has launched ClearView™, a service to maximize plant output, save energy, and improve reliability
Using Honeywell’s cloud-based software platform, the ClearView™ service gathers operating data from the plant, cleanses the data, applies Haldor Topsoe’s tools and experience, and delivers insights straight to the plant’s process engineers and managers.
The first ClearView™ service has been developed specifically to boost ammonia production. ClearView™ services for other segments in the chemical and refining industries will follow.
How the ClearView™ service works:
- At the plant site, operating data is continuously collected and sent to the ClearView™ service in the cloud.
- ClearView™ uses error-detection and -correction algorithms to improve the accuracy of data and calculates the plant’s current operating parameters.
- The ClearView™ service then feeds the data through the “digital twin” made up of Topsoe’s proprietary simulation and modeling tools to determine how to improve production and catalyst utilization, and reduce energy consumption.
- Via intuitive online dashboards, the ClearView™ service shows the plant’s current operating conditions, recommends measures to optimize performance, alerts users to potential problems, and guides users to actionable countermeasures.
- Topsoe engineers follow plant performance and engage into proactive, continuous dialogue with plant engineers to ensure that insights are turned into action.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldfertilizer.com/project-news/05032019/haldor-topsoe-launches-clearview-and-announces-alliance-with-honeywell/
You might also like
Te´cnicas Reunidas and Allied Green Ammonia have agreed to commence the first phases of a Green Hydrogen and Green Ammonia production facilities at Northern Territory, Australia.