Purchase contract signed for Muga mine process plant equipment
Published by Nicholas Woodroof,
Following the recent AUS$18.1 million capital raise, the company is well funded to finalise the purchase contracts of the remaining long-lead items. And with the signing of this purchase contract, 85% of the planned equipment needed for the plant has now been contracted. The remaining 15%, which includes cross-flow separators, dryers, thickeners and flotation columns, is expected to be formalised in the next few weeks. The rest of the equipment, mainly mining equipment, will be acquired prior to the start of operations. Completion of the procurement of the process plant equipment is key to allow improvements in the detailed engineering design of the plant with the design of the specific equipment used. In addition, it allows Highfield to cover the long lead manufacturing times of this type of equipment.
Weir Minerals is providing both primary and secondary concentrate screens which will be used for the granulometric separation in the initial phase of the crushing, grinding and desliming processes. The hydrocyclones from Weir will be used to remove the fine particles from the slurry (known as desliming) prior to flotation.
Highfield Resources CEO, Ignacio Salazar, said: “The signing of this supply contract with Weir Minerals is key to ensure that we are ready for construction. This is another important milestone for Highfield and continues to highlight the progress and commitment of the Company to the efficient construction of Muga.”
Read the article online at: https://www.worldfertilizer.com/project-news/21092021/purchase-contract-signed-for-muga-mine-process-plant-equipment/
You might also like
CF Industries Holdings to purchase Waggaman ammonia production facility
The company has announced that it has signed a definitive purchase agreement with Incitec Pivot Limited for IPL’s ammonia production complex located in Waggaman, Louisiana.