Kalium Lakes Ltd (KLL) has summarised its activities for the 2Q17, including the following highlights:
- Test pumping from bores and trenches delivers excellent results with high potassium grades.
- Significant site infrastructure, pipelines and pumping construction work completed.
- Leakage trials confirm off-lake evaporation pond location and construction system.
- Commenced construction of large scale pilot ponds.
- Pre-Feasibility Study on track for Q1 FY 2017/18 completion.
- US$4.5 million raised through oversubscribed placement.
- WITTRACO Düngmittel GmbH Non-Binding Off-Take Memorandum of Understanding.
- Discussion and LOI with EcoMag Ltd to trial recovery of hydrated magnesium carbonate.
Beyondie Sulphate Of Potash Project KLL is an exploration and development company focused on developing the Beyondie Sulphate Of Potash Project (BSOPP) in Western Australia with the aim of producing Sulphate Of Potash (SOP) for domestic and international sale.
The Project, comprising 15 granted exploration licences and a miscellaneous licence, covers an area of approximately 2400 km2. Kalium Lakes intends to develop a sub-surface Brine deposit to produce a SOP product, by undertaking an evaporation and processing operation 160 km south east of Newman.
The BSOPP is among Australia’s highest grade SOP deposits at 13.6 kg/m3 SOP and is located close to key infrastructure. The Project is already well progressed and has completed detailed technical reports, completed initial test pumping of brine, undertaken environmental and heritage surveys, negotiated a Native Title agreement covering the initial project development area (with a second currently being negotiated) and has approvals in place from the WA Department of Mines and Petroleum (DMP), the WA Department of Environmental Regulation (DER) and the WA Department of Water (DoW).
The Beyondie Sulphate Of Potash Project has an Inferred Mineral Resource of 18.84 million t drainable Brine SOP, an Indicated Mineral Resource of 0.94 million t drainable Brine SOP and has defined an Exploration Target.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldfertilizer.com/project-news/20072017/kll-publishes-quarterly-activities-report/