The company’s primary focus is progressing the development of a demonstration plant at the Goldfields Salt Lakes Project (GSLP) intended to be the first salt-lake brine sulfate of potash (SOP) production operation in Australia. Highlights for the quarter include the following:
- Demonstration plant scoping study: the company and its consultants have substantially advanced the scoping study for a 50 000 tpy demonstration plant at Lake Way, with a completion study expected shortly.
- Process testwork: a range of process development testwork is continuing, including process pathway modelling by international experts and a bulk sample evaporation trial processing both Lake Way representative brine and Williamson Pit brine.
- Geotechnical investigations: an initial geological and geotechnical investigation by the company and Knight Piesold confirmed the availability of in-situ clays amenable for on-lake evaporation pond construction.
- Process testwork: the company completed pilot scale crystalliser validation testwork at a leading crystalliser vendor in the US, processing approximately 400 kg of crystalliser feed (schoenite concentrate), produced from previous Lake Wells development work at Saskatchewan Research Council (SRC). The testwork successfully produced high quality SOP crystals, representative of a full scale plant product.
- The company’s Section 18 application over the Lake Ballard and Lake Marmion projects was granted, and the company mobilised an amphibious excavator to complete the surface aquifer exploration program.
- A surface aquifer exploration program was completed at Lake Irwin, comprising of 56 shallow test pits and five test trenches. This work provides preliminary data for the geological and hydrological models of the surface aquifer of the lake, as well as brine, geological and geotechnical samples.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldfertilizer.com/potash/30072018/salt-lake-potash-provides-quarterly-report/