Kore Potash plc, a potash development company with 97%-ownership of the Kola and Dougou Extension (DX) Potash Projects in the Sintoukola Basin, Republic of Congo (RoC), has announced an update on the DX Potash Solution Mining Project definitive feasibility study (DFS) and the recent drilling programme.
- The drilling programme for phase 1 of the DX DFS has been completed, and assay results received.
- Seven diamond drill holes were completed in the DFS phase 1 drilling programme and assays sent for geochemical testing.
- Analysis of the drill hole logs and assay results from the drilling campaign has:
- Confirmed the locations of the targeted hanging wall and top potash seams.
- Improved confidence in the distribution of sylvinite within the top seams (TS).
- Demonstrated that the sylvinite/carnallite boundary within the hanging wall seam (HWS) is structurally controlled and the sylvinite distribution is more complex than modelled in the pre-feasibility study.
- Identified areas containing carnallite that will be excluded and not considered for extraction in future mine planning for the DX project.
- Indicated that further drill hole and seismic information may be required to have confidence in the distribution of sylvinite in the HWS.
- Key technical studies and laboratory test work for Phase 1 of the DX DFS that are complete include:
- Dissolution testwork to provide improved data for temperature brine-modelling.
- Laboratory testing of rock mechanics properties to assist in determination of cavern stability, the possible extent of reservoir mining and expected subsidence over the project life.
- Production well design to provide specifications for future capital cost estimating.
- Cavern blanket design parameters (to control cavern formation) to provide specifications for future capital cost estimating.
- Work completed in Phase 1 of the DX DFS has been completed within the planned budget.
- Before proceeding further with the DX DFS, the company plans to:
- Develop a new geological model for the DX deposit incorporating the results of the recent drilling campaign.
- Determine using the new modelling whether further drill hole and seismic information may be required to further improve confidence in the distribution of Sylvinite and Carnallite within the DX Deposit.
- Work has commenced on the development of the new geological model and this work is expected to be completed before the end of 2021.
Brad Sampson, CEO, commented: “The recent drilling campaign at our DX project has improved our knowledge of the location of the sylvinite and carnallite potash mineralisation which was the main objective for the drilling. This further data will be used to incorporate an updated geological model as part of the DFS work we are undertaking for this shallow solution mining project. The update of the DX geological model will happen in parallel with the ongoing capital optimisation and financing activity for the development of the Kola project which is currently the company’s main focus.”
Read the article online at: https://www.worldfertilizer.com/potash/27052021/kore-potash-provide-dx-project-update/