Colluli Mining Share Company issues Notice to Proceed to DRA Global
Published by Nicholas Woodroof,
The Notice to Proceed is an interim agreement that allows DRA and CMSC to commence the EPCM process. Further, the Colluli Mining Share Company (CMSC) Board has resolved to commence EPCM phases 1 & 2.
DRA is a high quality, multi-disciplinary global project management and engineering group with strong African experience and EPCM delivery capability. The scope of DRA’s contract includes:
- all aspects of design, project management, procurement, construction management and supervision;
- commissioning of the complete process plant and associated infrastructure; and
- awarding and overseeing major contracts such as early works, earthworks, structural, mechanical, piping, electrical and instrumentation works, laboratory and permanent camp.
EPCM phase 1 & 2 activities will include:
- DRA review of Colluli Front End Engineering Design (FEED)
- Mobilisation of CMSC Owner’s Team ? Includes Project Director, Tony Harrington, and personnel from Turner & Townsend, a multinational professional services company
- FEED updated by DRA: ? Re-estimate of capital and definition of schedule
- Commence geotechnical test work
- Purchase of critical equipment ? Including reverse osmosis equipment necessary for early work activities
? Optimisation reviews
? Develop further information required to complete detailed engineering
? Develop early works scope and issue tender enquiries
The purpose of the phased EPCM approach is to ensure that CMSC achieves technical, commercial, financial and nameplate requirements that satisfy the economic model, funding criteria and the expectations of all stakeholders. CMSC’s phased EPCM approach follows.
Project Director, Tony Harrington, said: "I am very pleased we will be formalising our partnership with DRA after over a year of quality and positive interactions with their team. With the majority of project funding committed the CMSC Owner’s Team is ready and eager to collaborate with DRA and commence work immediately. This is the moment our personnel and other stakeholders in Eritrea have been waiting for.”
Read the article online at: https://www.worldfertilizer.com/potash/26122019/colluli-mining-share-company-issues-notice-to-proceed-to-dra-global/
You might also like
Ma’aden emphasises importance of fertilizer industry at IFA conference
The company highlighted the role of the fertilizer industry by addressing global agricultural value chain challenges at the IFA conference in the Czech Republic.