Salt Lake Potash Ltd provides update on Lake Way project
Published by Pippa Luck,
Salt Lake Potash Ltd has announced that its Lake Way project at Wiluna in Western Australia is nearing completion, with the process plant and NPI advancing well.
Highlights of the project include:
- The Process Plant was 88% complete on 31 December 2020 (on an earned value basis). The overall project, including all on-lake infrastructure, was 81% complete.
- Major items now installed include the sulfate of potash (SOP) and schoenite crystallisers, centrifuges, attritioners, drag feeders and conveyors, with most of the remaining works comprising piping, cabling and valves installation.
- Non-process infrastructure is well advanced with process water borefields and storage ponds commissioned, construction of gas pipeline substantially advanced, and installation of power station commenced.
- Approximately 27 thousand t of potassium rich kainite and schoenite salts have been harvested for commissioning plant feed from the Train 1 cells. Harvesting activities will re-commence in March ahead of plant commissioning.
- Process plant commissioning is expected to commence in February with the introduction of the first feed salts to the plant in March. The project capital budget remains unchanged at AU$264 million.
- In January 2021, the Organic Farmers & Growers association in the UK (OF&G) approved the Lake Way SOP product for use in organic farming in the UK.
- In December 2020, SO4 received the ‘Community Contribution Award’ at the Association of Mining and Exploration Co. (AMEC) annual awards.
Tony Swiericzuk, Chief Executive Officer, said: “I am extremely proud of the way the GRES and SO4 teams have worked to safely and efficiently deliver the Lake Way project. Significant progress was made in a challenging environment in 2020 with minimal impact on the project and we now look forward to supplying the domestic and global agricultural industries with premium SOP in the second quarter of 2021.”
Read the article online at: https://www.worldfertilizer.com/potash/26012021/salt-lake-potash-ltd-provides-update-on-lake-way-project/
You might also like
CBH Group opens Kwinana fertilizer facility
The new facility will deliver significant benefits to Western Australian grain growers.