Australian Potash Ltd has provided an update on activities and operations at the Lake Wells Gold project.
The highlights of the project so far are as follows:
- Drilling by joint venture partner St Barbara Ltd (St Barbara) has continued to expand the footprint and tenor of gold mineralisation.
- A mineralised corridor exceeding 9 km in length has been delineated.
- The highest grade air-core (AC) assay results from a regional scale drilling programme have been returned.
- A diamond core drill programme is underway with two holes of a three-hole programme completed and assays expected from March 2021.
- A 19 hole, 3400 m reverse circulation (RC) drill programme is underway with assays expected from March 2021.
Managing Director and CEO of Australian Potash, Matt Shackleton, commented: “These high-grade AC results confirm our belief that the Lake Wells Gold project has the potential to host a significant gold deposit. After 3 years of methodical analysis, the joint venture is now focusing in on targets where we can test the true potential of the area. Like our neighbours to the south, diligent and persistent exploration is paying off.
“With the diamond and RC drilling underway, it is an exciting time for us and this emerging mineral province.
“Nearly 60 000 m of AC drilling has been completed and we are extremely pleased with the work conducted and results generated by our valued joint venture partner, St Barbara. We look forward to advancing this project together.”
Read the article online at: https://www.worldfertilizer.com/potash/21012021/australian-potash-ltd-provides-lake-wells-project-update/