Gensource Potash Corp. has announced that it has successfully completed the two well exploration drilling programme in its 100% owned Vanguard project area. The programme builds upon the two wells drilled on the property in 2012, and will enable Gensource to advance the determination of the resource extent, grade, and ultimately allow for updating and issuing of a revised NI 43-101 report.
Mike Ferguson, Gensource’s President & CEO commented: “It is a significant milestone for Gensource to successfully complete our exploration drilling programme, and retrieve the full core from the Prairie Evaporite from both drilling locations. We are proud to say that the work was accomplished safely, with no reportable incidents during the programme, and initial observations of the core look very promising.”
Assay data from samples of core from Well #1 are expected shortly.
With respect to Well #2, a full Prairie Evaporite core of 67m was retrieved. Upon initial inspection, the core from the Well #2 is similar to that of the first well, and reveals that:
- All three members of the Prairie Evaporite are present and intact.
- The thicknesses of the three members are consistent with adjacent wells.
- Significant Sylvinite mineralisation is present, especially the Patience Lake and Belle Plaine Members.
- The core was transported to Saskatoon. Once logged, samples will be crushed and assayed to provide chemical composition data, most specifically KCl grade.
Additional Highlights from the second well include:
- 67m of 3.5 in. diameter core cut and retrieved from the Prairie Evaporite Formation. Of the 67m, the three target potash bearing members of the formation aggregated approximately 40m.
- Total vertical depth: 1559m.
- Several geophysical logs were run to help characterise the geological formation in terms of potash grade and density/porosity of the various formations logged.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldfertilizer.com/potash/12012017/gensource-potash-completes-exploration-drilling-for-vanguard-one/