Skip to main content

Yara to sell share in Qatar Fertiliser Company

Published by , Editor
World Fertilizer,

Yara has signed a share purchase agreement with Qatar Petroleum (QP) to sell its 25% share in Qatar Fertiliser Company (QAFCO) for US$1 billion.

Since the establishment of the joint venture (JV) company QAFCO in 1969, the company has become the world’s largest single-site urea producer, representing a significant percentage of the world’s traded supply. Yara has owned a 25% share in QAFCO, with the remaining 75% share owned by Industries Qatar (IQ), which in turn is owned 51% by QP.

The parties have agreed on a purchase price of US$1 billion for Yara’s shares in QAFCO. The transaction is conditional on obtaining necessary local regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.

“We are very proud of our partnership with Qatar Petroleum and Industries Qatar over the past half century, where we have succeeded in delivering a top quartile venture in every respect,” said Svein Tore Holsether, President and CEO of Yara.

Read the article online at:

You might also like


Ready to revolutionise the cement industry?

Join our sister publication, World Cement, in Lisbon, 10 – 13 March 2024, for their first in-person conference and exhibition: EnviroTech.

This exclusive knowledge and networking event will bring together cement producers, industry leaders, technical experts, analysts, and other stakeholders to discuss the latest technologies, processes, and policies being deployed at the forefront of the cement industry’s efforts to reduce its environmental footprint.

Get your early bird tickets NOW »


Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):


This article has been tagged under the following:

Urea news