“I am honoured to be appointed Chair of IFA because the fertilizer industry has a key role in finding sustainable solutions to some of the greatest challenges the world is facing. As an industry, we need to lead the way to decarbonise food and build resilient and fair food systems,” Holsether said.
Dmitry Konyaev, CEO, UralChem, Russian Federation, is the new Vice Chair of the Association.
Both Holsether and Konyaev serve on the Executive Board of Directors, which welcomed two new appointments: Jeanne Johns, Managing Director and CEO, Incitec Pivot Ltd., Australia, and Tony Will, President and CEO, CF Industries, US.
Mostafa Terrab, Group Chairman and CEO of OCP, Morocco, remains on the Executive Board of Directors as Immediate Past Chair, along with Zhai Jidong, Vice President International, Kingenta, China, and Alzbeta Klein, Director General, IFA.
IFA also welcomes five new Board Directors elected by the membership:
- G. David Delaney, CEO, Itafos, Brazil.
- Ahmed El-Hoshy, Group CEO, OCI NV, The Netherlands.
- Shakeel Ahmad Khan, CEO, Petronas Chemicals Marketing (Labuan), Malaysia.
- Suresh Krishnan, Adventz Group, India, Managing Director, Paradeep Phosphates Ltd. and Mangalore Chemicals and Fertilizers.
- Mayo Schmidt, President and CEO, Nutrien, Canada.
IFA members also re-elected to the Board of Directors Raviv Zoller, President and CEO, ICL Group, Israel.
“Helping to feed the world sustainably is at the core of what we do, and IFA is fortunate to have such seasoned executives on our Board,” Klein said.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldfertilizer.com/environment/16062021/ifa-elects-yara-ceo-as-new-chair/