Nutrien publishes 2021 ESG report
Published by Nicholas Woodroof,
Related information regarding the company’s governance, risk management, strategic opportunities and performance are outlined within this report. Nutrien also launched six commitments to address the challenge of sustainably feeding a growing global population while protecting the planet. The Feeding the Future Plan has action pathways to help transform agriculture by the year 2030:
- Enable growers to adopt sustainable and productive agricultural products and practices on 75 million acres globally.
- Launch and scale a comprehensive Carbon Program, empowering growers and the agriculture industry to accelerate climate-smart agriculture and soil carbon sequestration while rewarding growers for their efforts.
- Achieve at least a 30% reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions (Scope 1 + 2) per tonne of products produced, from 2018 levels.
- Invest in new technologies and pursue the transition to low-carbon fertilizers, including blue and green ammonia.
- Leverage farm-focused technology partnerships and investments to drive positive impact in industry and grower innovation and inclusion.
- Create new financial solutions for growers to strengthen social, economic and environmental outcomes in agriculture.
Chuck Magro, President and CEO, Nutrien, said: “Nutrien is focused on meeting the United Nations’ Zero Hunger Sustainable Development Goal in the coming decade by helping growers increase food production in a sustainable manner. Our 2030 commitments and ESG performance targets are ambitious, but necessary, which is why we are dedicated to working across our value chain on initiatives like our comprehensive Carbon Program to build a pathway forward that will help lead the next wave of agriculture’s evolution. This effort drives at the core of our strategy to feed more people, using less resources and with fewer emissions.”
“We know a collaborative effort is required to address climate change and feed the world. With a long-term goal to scale our programs and create real, lasting change, Nutrien is encouraging stakeholders to come together to evolve the systems and policies needed to address these challenges. As we strive to transform our food system, we encourage the sharing of information and pooling of resources for a new generation of systems-based solutions.”
Read the article online at: https://www.worldfertilizer.com/environment/09042021/nutrien-publishes-2021-esg-report/
You might also like
Mammoet facilitates upgrade of Ma’aden’s sulfuric acid and power plant
The company developed a solution to upgrade the plant’s original towers by lifting out the old intact assets, and manoeuvring the modular replacements into position.